Monday, June 23, 2008

The Great George Carlin - About Cigar Smokers


This video contains adult language.



I'll miss the purposely rebellious and left-field, left-wing humor of this comedy genius. He had an inherent skill to push all the buttons of the politically correct amongst us, and in that I think lies one of his greater contributions through comedy. His illustrated perceptions of people, institutions, governments and the like were so surgically abrasive that they could do no less than make me laugh and think, then laugh some more.

The video included above is his typical, hilarious button-pushing of those of us who enjoy the cigar. You've got to be smiling at yourself after watching this one.

I remember as a kid having to conceal from my parents the fact my buddies and I were listening to Carlin. And heaven-forbid that any of us used one of the "Seven Dirty Words" that helped make him even more revered! Here's a link to a good YouTube video of Carlin performing that bit - MORE ADULT LANGUAGE.

I was reading some summaries of his more famous moments, and came across this 1997 AP interview of Carlin where he talks about editing his own obituary.

George Carlin 1937-2008

No comments: