Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flowers To Say Sorry? Or Cigars.




Is your relationship on a jagged road? Do you need to give a humongous apology? Are flowers to say sorry not cutting it?

If you are in a situation that warrants a really big apology, you are not alone. Thousands of others have been where you are and have managed to make it through.

The fact that you are here reading this, shows that you care about the other person. You want to make things right between the two of you. And that is very commendable.

If you need more than flowers to say sorry, here are some tips to help you out.

First step in your apology is to agree. I've been at the receiving of a supposed apology where the other person kept on and on about why they did not mean to hurt me. And I can tell you that hearing all of that only made me more upset. It is as if they are telling me that they are right and I am wrong. And all I want is an apology, a sincere apology and for them to admit that yes, they did hurt me. To me, it wasn't sincere, but was more of a self justification act.

So, when you give an apology, give it with heartfelt sincerity. It will show through your face and your voice. When you give your apology, do just that, don't try to explain why you did what you did. Just admit the fact that what you did hurt them and you are truly sorry for that.

Next, you can thank them. In this step, you could add flowers to say sorry. Think of something nice they did and give them sincere praise for it. It can even be along the line of thanking them for bringing the matter to your attention since it will make you a better person.

No comments: